2.09.2011

On Wednesday, There is Wine...

In fact, mark your calendar (a great excuse to get tipsy at least 1 day/week for the rest of your life) because:

Alana from Life on the Mom List is launching Wine Wednesday where she'll be reviewing a different "bargain" (under $12) wine each week. And everyone is invited to join in! Like here I am joining in this week and here is Eileen from Bringing Up Bronwyn also joining in today.

I was honored (and a little shocked/puzzled by her questionable taste) when Alana asked me to create the artwork for the Wine Wednesday button! I hope I did her proud. I threw a cat and some boxed wine in there to sway her towards liking it, haha. 

This week Alana and I are both reviewing Coppola's Bianco Pinot Grigio (my bottle was a 2009):



Before you read my review you should know what kind of "drinker" I am in case we totally have opposite taste. I am mostly a white wine drinker although I do enjoy a nice pinot noir, cabernet sauvignon and beaujolais. I HATE chardonnay and merlot and refuse them, "no, thank you!" I prefer dry, crisp, not-too-sweet, citrus-y whites. But I am not a snobby drinker at ALL. In fact, I am co-founder of the #boxedwinefanclub on Twitter (have you tried Target's wine cubes? they rock!) and the only other red I really like is Franzia's chillable red-in-a-box. I'm tacky and fine with that! Franzia helped get me through college, what can I say!? Also, I like all wine chilled unless it's sake. Then I like it hand over fist *wink*.

Coppola's Bianco Pinot Grigio, The Review:

I popped the cork on this bad boy without hesitation because I tend to love pinot grigio like almost always and tend to love all things Coppola-family-related (including Ms. Sofia, Nicholas Cage movies, and the 90s version of Dracula). I can honestly say I wasn't let down by this light little wine.

This is a great bargain wine that isn't too sweet and has a dry-but-not-too-dry crispness that made it perfect for sipping before, during, and after dinner. It does not taste "like a headache" like some other wines I've had in this price range where you can actually taste the headache you're going to have later. The flavors are more citrus and wood (ok so I'm not a wine person, but does that make sense?) that don't lay heavy in your mouth afterwards. Overall it's a very fresh and not overwhelming experience.

Coppola's Bianco would pair well with fruit, fish, or even chips and salsa. In fact, I enjoyed mine on "taco night" and it went really well with the zesty seasonings, fresh tomatoes, and overall saltiness of that dinner.

My husband who generally does not like white wine tasted it and gave his highest compliment, "that's really good for a white."

Bottom line: I recommend this wine. Buy it!

Please Join In On Wine Wednesday...

Please feel free to join the party, nab this button, and do your own Wine Wednesday post. If you click the button below it'll take you to Alana's blog with her accompanying review of the Bianco. 


I'd also love it if you let me know what you thought of my first ever wine review - it was incredibly stressful to write! I'm going to have to do something to take the edge off? Who are we kidding, it'll be drinking wine duh.

xo,
Lindsey 

13 comments:

Heather said...

LOVE it!! must go buy this wine asap.

EileenWithAnE said...

Great job! I'm looking forward to trying it!

Alana said...

Good job my love! Thank you so much for your help!
I luv you <----Conversation heart style!

Anonymous said...

I came here from Alana's blog. I like your review, I think it's great and totally agree with your mention of woodsy. :) Looking forward to many more Wine Wednesdays!

mamaclare said...

You can bring this drink tonight instead of Sugary Sonic Sludge drink. I'm sure so much more knitting would happen if you did.

OT and ET said...

Thanks guys - this was an easy one because it's totally my wine comfort zone. Can't wait to read the Bringing Up Bronwyn review tonight after Ot goes to bed!

Clare - you know you secretly binge on Sonic on the daily! <3

Momo said...

Ohhh this wine sounds yummy. I'm going to try a glass on my cheat day this weekend. Cause gosh I will sure need it after 3 days of boot camp.

grandwinecellar said...

Wow inoformation is so nice.I was honored (and a little shocked/puzzled by her questionable taste) when Alana asked me to create the artwork for the Wine Wednesday button! I hope I did her proud. I threw a cat and some boxed wine in there to sway her towards liking it, haha.

Elizabeth said...

I so have the same wine taste as you! I love both this exact wine AND the Target boxed wines (and I have an I <3 Boxed Wine shirt my husband bought me for my birthday a couple of years ago).

OT and ET said...

OMG Momo what is this boot camp? Sounds horrible, indulge in the wine!

Elizabeth I am writing you tonight because (1) I want a pic of this shirt and (2) I just went on a bacon-cation & found the BEST place on earth for people of our refined taste! I'll explain when I write you later :D

Sugar said...

I'm going to try it fo sho!

OT and ET said...

I think you'd love it Tracy. Alana and I both gave it "Two Corks Up!" :)

Anonymous said...

[p]We are professional supplier for the razor wire and barbed wire, chain link fence and welded wire mesh at competitive price . Piece [url=http://www.barbed-wires.com]Barbed wire price[/url] of barbed wire, also known as blade barbed wire, razor wire, is a new type of mat . It should not be put up for sale at all," said Esther Voet, deputy director of the Dutch Centre for Documentation and Information on Israel [url=http://www.barbed-wires.com]razor wire sale[/url] (CIDI) . The sale had been planned to raise money to finance an exhibition of artefacts found at the site . In late 1874, the Barb Fence Company had secured sales representatives to distribute and promote their product . Blade: Single/cross

7 . Razor Barbed Wire Material:Low carbon steel wire, stainless steel wire, iron wire, galvanized steel wire, PVC coated steel wire, PVC coated iron wire in blue, yellow, green and other colors . Forms of corrosion resistance include electric [url=http://www.barbed-wires.com]Barbed wire sale[/url] galvanizing, hot-dipped zinc plating, PVC coated, PE coated.[/p][p]A Quality Product, Razor wire is punched [url=http://www.barbed-wires.com]Barbed wire[/url] of hot dipped galvanizede strip . You may refer to the introduction of the following about the main item and the detailed data of products . For, "in the Midwest and Southwest, conditions were far different"(5) . Yet the battles were not over for the barbed wire industry, as a struggle for supremacy arose out of this valuable commodity . THE HAGUE 隆陋 The foundation in charge of a former Nazi concentration camp in the Netherlands on Tuesday cancelled the planned sale of pieces of barbed wire dug up at the site after protests from Jewish groups . 2) . May I suggest our gifted cartoonist JooHoon? Thank you . Barbed Tape can be installed to achieve the result of frightening and stopping to the aggressive perimeter intruders, with piecing and cutting [url=http://www.barbed-wires.com]razor wire price[/url] razor blades mounted at the top of the wall, also the special designs making climbing and touching extremely difficult.[/p]